Sometimes, I find myself overwhelmed with all the nonsense and noise of the world. Social media makes it so difficult to ignore the good life that all of our friends and family are living. With so much noise surrounding us, it is challenging to think highly of our own lives.
The truth is, we are all in different f*cking places + that is completely okay. Take this time to really embrace where you are and how far you have come. For a while, I felt like my life was crumbling before my eyes. It seemed like everyone around me figured it out and, for some reason, I am stuck at a crossroad.
Welp… It’s about time to get over this sh*t + find some peace within yourself.
How to Embrace the Life you are Living
- Recognize you are not the only one feeling like you got the short end of the stick. It’s pretty normal to find that the people you think have it all together – are actually feeling like they are falling apart.
- Get over yourself – seriously. In this day and age, we are so self-consumed that it is debilitating. We miss out on opportunity – opportunity to network, to get that new job, to make a new friend, to make a relationship better, whatever else you could be improving. Get out your ass and take a chance that will improve not just your life, but the life of others.
- Be okay with being alone. If I learned anything valuable from my job, it’s learning how to be okay with being alone. In this time, I have so much time for self-care and reflection. It’s been the greatest opportunity for me to figure out problems on my own and be 100 percent responsible for my decisions.
- Learn to smile + find things to be grateful for. One of the biggest compliments I got this year was from a close colleague that said I always know how to laugh at my own misery – because I do! It’s learning to understand that sh*t happens out of our control. What we do have control over, is the way we respond to our misfortunes. I make every effort to take any negativity and let out positive energy. Yeah, I know I sound like a hippie, but we are what we put into the world, right?!
- Understand that it’s okay to live a life others don’t understand. My job has odd hours and requires travel at times, but ultimately, I love what I do. I spent a lot of time feeling like work made me miss out on many opportunities. I’ve grown to realize that I’ve found everything I needed in this life so there is no need to try living a life that wasn’t meant for me.
While I continue learning to embrace the life I have, I hope these tips help you get more comfortable in your own life. Things are hard enough as it is – by accepting how f*cking amazing you are doing, you will keep moving mountains.